Friday 4 March 2011

Just a quick update on what I've been up to exercise-wise. Got up this morning for a workout - putting in the 4k runs before work really wakes you up. Even, if the ensuing mad dash to the office feels like working out all over again! There's really been limited chance for me to keep the fitness going, whilst I've been riding horses and trying to develop my skill level.

Someone at the yard suggested that as I work at the racecourse, why don't I try the mechanical horse in the Hall of Fame. So (despite the fact that anyone can walk past and watch you!) I tried it out earlier in the week. To be honest I have no idea why it didn't occur to me before. Obviously, going full-pelt on a racehorse, on a course is completely different to the gallops that I've been doing; the mechanical horse was TOUGH!

The Cheltenham Racecourse mechanical horse
I woke up the next morning black and blue. It was quite enjoyable when I got used to it; although, I'll have to see if I say the same thing thundering over 7 furlongs on a real horse! It's made me appreciate all the hard work that goes into racing and the the effort all the Charity Derby riders have put in to make this a great race. Hopefully, we won't disappoint and we'll raise a lot of money for Cancer Research UK (www.cancerresearchuk.org).

On that note, I just checked my Just Giving (www.justgiving.com/Chloe-Bowkett) and even though my target's been smashed, you're all being incredibly generous and still giving. Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment