Monday 7 March 2011

Had to give myself a big day off yesterday. My legs were so tired and shaky when I got out of bed in the morning, I could barely walk down the stairs, let alone go riding or run on a treadmill! The mechanical horse that I've been going on at the Racecourse was really tough and I think doing it a couple of days in a row of that and a workout on Saturday really didn't give me enough time to rest.

With that in mind, I didn't really want to go riding today. It might do more harm than good! So I went to the gym and did some conditioning; nothing to strenuous but just keeping the fitness levels up and preparing for the Big Race, which is only ONE WEEK away!

There's been a bit of a shake-up to the race line-up as well. It seems the competition is changing! With Gordon Elliott being unable to compete, new rider Jamie Insole, (who's only 16!)  nephew of the national hunt jockey William Kennedy, is very bravely stepping into the fray at the last minute. I'm nervous about the race, so I can only imagine how he's feeling with such a short time to go!

Also, I'd like to say a big thank you to Vikki Daynes in the Accounts Dept. at the Racecourse (http://www.justgiving.com/Chloe-Bowkett). It's wonderful that I'm still receiving donations for Cancer Research UK (www.cancerresearchuk.org), despite reaching the target; it's a great feeling to able to help in such a big way with everyone's suppport.

No comments:

Post a Comment