Tuesday 8 March 2011

Got back on the proverbial and literal horse today. Decided that I can do as much conditioning as I want, but it can't beat actually developing my skill on horseback! However, I suppose at this stage, so close to the race, I should have enough skill already or else I can be legitimately worried!!

I rode out one lot at Nigel Twiston Davies' yard (www.nigeltwistondavies.co.uk). It all went really well and so smoothly. That's always really good when there's nothing much to report riding-wise; it makes me more and more settled about racing a horse as I get more comfortable going on frequent rides.

Boxercise class
Yet more Boxercise torture to come tonight, I'm just going to set off for it. It's so worth it though! Probably increased my fitness and agility (which is necessary on a horse) more than any number of 4k runs.

Thanks for donations today go to Ann Stanley from the HR Dept. at the Jockey Club (www.justgiving.com/Chloe-Bowkett). Work colleagues have really been pulling for me with all of this and supporting me with their donations. I hope I do you all proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment